Saturday, February 22, 2014

A Spark and a Pin(terest)! http://www.pinterest.com/trinityporter/


Image from https://thedailydigi.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/image64.png
Have you ever received a tidbit of information that you knew would spark a flame? The other day, I got that tidbit. I was watching an interview between Author Marketing Club’s Jim Kukral and author Gary Vaynerchuk. When Jim asked Gary how fiction writers (who are often reluctant to get into social media) can be successful at book marketing, his response struck a chord. Gary said that fiction authors should be taking on the persona of our characters and creating social media accounts in the characters’ names.

Now, this is not a new idea for me. In fact, I have notes from an article or two more than a year ago that say precisely what Gary suggested. At the time I said, that’s a great idea. I should do it! And life went on. It was not until I saw the interview that I received that idea.  While Broken Vessels was published 10 months ago, the sequel is on deck. So Trinity Porter (my main character) still has lots to say. Those of you who’ve “met” her know she’s a funny, down-to-earth girl with a penchant for sarcasm, love for Detroit and many profound thoughts.

Follow Me (Err, Trinity) on Pinterest

I know people want to hear her voice before the sequel to Broken Vessels is released, and now you can check out Trinity on Pinterest! Go to http://www.pinterest.com/trinityporter/ to see what she’s up to. Please follow her. She hasn't made friends yet, and I would not want her to get a complex.

P.S. Gary, you said that maybe one person who watched the interview would follow your advice. You’ve got one right here.

If you like this post, please subscribe in the upper-right corner of this page.
Blessings,

Shellie
shelliemsaunders.com
Find me on Facebook
Follow me on
Twitter  
 













No comments:

Post a Comment